Every home is different, and each seller has unique requirements and goals. We start by listening to what’s important to you and then we develop a strategy to present your home to the market to accomplish your objectives. From the moment you list with us, to the day a contract on your home is signed, to the moment you shake hands at the settlement table, our agents are at your side – and on your side. As local experts, we have an unparalleled track record of success. Let us put that to work for you!
Do I Really Need a REALTOR?
These days, all the information in the world is at your fingertips. With all of that information out there, it’s tempting to think that you can sell your home all on your own. Even with all the information out there, 91% of sellers last year decided to work with an agent.
- Market Expertise – The Joe Ward team has down-in-the-trenches expertise that you simply can’t get from the internet.
- Negotiation Skills – A good agent can usually negotiate for a higher price than you ever could on your own. Don’t forget that agents are contractually obligated to protect your financial interests.
- Time – If you are buying a home, then you most likely have a job… that means your time is limited. Your agent, on the other hand, lives and breathes real estate and is ready and willing to handle all the calls, paperwork, scheduling, and work required.
- Law & Contract Knowledge – Agents are required to know their way around a contract and keep up with changing regulations, ensuring you don’t sign a bad deal.
- Professional Network – Unlike you, agents are immersed in the real estate world and can spread the word about your house on a much broader scale than you. Agents also have relationships with all the other people who will make the transaction as smooth as possible – attorneys, appraisers, inspectors, and contractors… plus many more!
Important Factors to Buyers – SELLING YOUR HOME!
- PRICE – Price is the bottom line when dealing with first-time buyers. Getting it right in the beginning will save a lot of heartache for you as time passes and no offers come in. If you aim too high, you’ll likely be waiting.
- Market Analysis – The Joe Ward team will compile a CMA (Comparative Market Analysis), which analyzes active, sold, and expired listings in your area that are comparable to your home. This determines what your home is worth.
- Professional Appraisal – For an additional expense you can have a certified appraiser give you an accurate market value estimate.
- Online Valuation Tools – Be careful when trying to look at tax records or Z-estimates, because these tools often use old or inaccurate date and the estimates can be off.
- CONDITION – Whether it’s replacing the roof or painting the walls, a little home improvement can go a long way. Try to do what you can to make your home look nice, but don’t embellish it too much. You don’t want to scare off potential buyers. Use the three R’s:
- Refresh – A fresh coat of paint can brighten up even the shabbiest of rooms. Don’t use bright paint… stick with neutral colors. The curb appeal should also be touched up – power washing, window cleaning, and grass care.
- Repair – A bad roof can scare a buyer away from the beginning. Hire a roofer to replace any worn or missing shingles or roofing tiles. Take care of any plumbing issues and wiring problems.
- Replace – Some things are better completely replaced. For example, updating old light fixtures and window treatments can go a long way. Whatever you do, opt for neutral colors and styles.
- PRESENTATION – Once your home is ready, it’s time to spread the word to buyers and actively highlight its best qualities.
- MARKETING, MARKETING, MARKETING – This is one of the Joe Ward team’s biggest strengths. We attack on all fronts!
- Don’t keep it a secret! Did you know that 40% of sellers know their buyer prior to the home purchase? We enlist your help in getting the word out to your family and friends.
- Photography – Most potential buyers will first become acquainted with your home through the pictures online or on the flyers. The Joe Ward team has a professional photographer who (together with our stager) will bring out your home’s inner beauty.
- Cleanliness – Make sure all surfaces in your home are spotless.
- Temperature – Adjust the thermostat to ensure the temperature is perfect for your visitors.
- LOCATION – Neighborhood, schools, transportation, and other location-related factors are hugely important to buyers.